In an idyllic part of the Hampshire countryside, lies an awesome and award winning, software development company. The type of software company that delivers incredible projects to prestigious clients, one where every day is different, and where chocolate is delivered to your desk every Thursday.
We specialise in bespoke projects, meaning constant variety and excitement with clients that are as diverse as the latest startup investors to some of the most prestigious brands in the country.
First Option Software are looking to expand its already awesome team of developers. We’re looking for someone who has great ideas, loves problem solving and wants to make a contribution. In return, we offer variety in the work you’ll do and a freedom to shape your own career path. You’ll have plenty of responsibility and influence, will speak with clients and be involved with all aspects of a project. If you’re looking to fade into the background, this job’s not for you!
Working on bespoke projects means we are always being challenged to learn new things, whether that be a new technology, market sector or business process. It’s core to our DNA, and problem solving is what we love most, and so we look for like-minded people who are not afraid to work across multiple languages and disciplines and keep up with the latest technologies.
Easily accessible by car or public transport from Southampton, Winchester, Basingstoke and the surrounding area, our building and location in Alresford provides the inspiring working environment we need to deliver our exciting projects. With good communication links, some remote working may be agreeable for the right candidate.
Interested? We think once you hear more, you’ll agree it’s the best software developer job on the market.
Apply if you’re looking for:
- A full time development role with full lifecycle involvement
- A role that will offer continuous variety, plenty of challenges and the opportunity to grow responsibility
- The opportunity to develop killer, beautiful code for a wide range of clients
We’re looking for you to have, as mandatory:
- A deep seated interest in technology and to become a ninja at writing software
- A pro-active hunger to learn new technologies
- A can-do attitude and never say no approach to problem solving
- Core development capability in a number of current programming languages and technologies such as HTML/ Java/ C#/ PHP / SQL Server
- The ability to communicate clearly and work as part of a team
- Computer Science/software related qualification at degree level
- Experience in a range of other current and upcoming languages, frameworks and technologies such as Node.js, Angular, Hibernate, Objective C, Kotlin, Xamarin, React etc.
- Proven commercial experience